GDPR – Now What?
With Mark Aldrich
LISTEN VIA THESE CHANNELS
On May 25th, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect. While there was a big push among companies to obtain some level of compliance prior to the deadline, some have taken a wait and see approach, especially as it applies to U.S. companies. Mark Aldrich CIPP/E, CIPP/US joins us to discuss:
- the current status of GDPR;
- the risk of non-compliance; and
- steps to be taken re vendor management, record deletion, data portability and access, and data security.
Mark Aldrich CIPP/E, CIPP/US
Mark serves as senior privacy and product counsel to Fortune 500 and 100 companies. A zealous advocate of privacy by design, Mark counsels end-to-end privacy implementation in all aspects of product development and go-to-market strategies, bridging the gap between legal requirements and practical implementation.
A frequent lecturer and speaker on US / EU comparative privacy laws and GDPR compliance best practices and strategies, Mark currently serves as Chairman of the Internet and Privacy Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the California Lawyers Association (formerly, the State Bar of California). Mark has been counseling on global privacy laws since 2004 and is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Currently serving as embedded Senior Privacy Counsel at VMware, Inc., through Paragon Legal, supporting privacy implementation across VMware’s on-premise and SaaS solution portfolio. Mark has advised companies around the world at all stages, from Fortune 100 to startups, on global privacy compliance, product development, and go-to-market strategies.
This tweet caused the Saudi government to
- Expel Canada’s ambassador;
- Sell off Canadian assets and freeze new investment;
- Cease flights to Canada on its national airline;
- Stop buying Canadian wheat and barley;
- Suspend student exchange and medical treatment programs.